The lists of which MPs will sit on the House of Commons’ committees for the session of Parliament that started last month were finally unveiled on Thursday.
The 12-member Standing Committee on Agriculture and Agri-Food includes some returnees, as well as several new faces (denoted with *):
- Francis Drouin (Liberal, newly-appointed Parliamentary Secretary for Agriculture and Agri-Food)
- Kody Blois (Liberal)
- Tim Louis (Liberal)
- Leah Taylor Roy (Liberal)*
- Ryan Turnbull (Liberal)*
- Rechie Valdez (Liberal)*
- John Barlow (Conservative shadow minister for agriculture)
- Dave Epp (Conservative deputy shadow minister for agriculture)
- Richard Lehoux (Conservative)
- Warren Steinley (Conservative)
- Alistair MacGregor (New Democrat agriculture critic)
- Yves Perron (Bloc Québécois agriculture critic)
The ag committee will hold its first meeting on Dec. 16 (changed from Dec. 13) to elect its chair.
There were also some MPs with ties to agriculture appointed to other relevant committees, such as health, environment, and trade. You can find the complete committee lists here.
While the committee lists are now public, the Trudeau government has also taken longer than normal to unveil its new mandate letters for cabinet ministers. It’s unclear whether they will be made public before MPs head home for the holidays on December 17.