It’s official, we’re likely entering the twilight zone for grain markets. This week, we moved through the middle of September and grain futures are sitting at multi-year highs, yet it’s the time of year when we usually are seeing seasonal lows. The rally that we’ve seen since July has gone beyond just fundamental supply and demand factors, and moreso into speculation. This past week though, what exacerbated the buying is the plenty of bullish headlines that cheap money could trade on. On Wednesday, the U.S. Federal Reserve shared their intentions to keep interest rates near 0% for at least 3 more years AKA until 2023!…
Register to continue reading
Join the RealAg Community
Create a FREE account to access exclusive content, get access to invite-only webinars and, while supplies last, we’ll send you a RealAg hat!
- Focus your experience on RealAgriculture.com by managing your shortcuts and commodities
- Favourite articles to save for later reading
- Manage your newsletter subscriptions
- Comment on articles (restricted to members only)
- Did we mention the free RealAg hat?!