By Ghislain Gervais, president of Sollio Cooperative Group During the lockdown, Canadians showed a renewed interest in Canadian agricultural products. This increased consumer enthusiasm for their agri-food sector provides an opportunity to reinvest in agriculture and food processing. Everywhere, thousands of jobs have been suspended or lost across many sectors. The gradual resumption of economic activity will help to some extent, but it will take time. The federal government has created an economic recovery committee and is working to identify sectors and projects that can contribute to that recovery. Various cooperative and private projects could also be accelerated with a…
Register to continue reading
Join the RealAg Community
Create a FREE account to access exclusive content, get access to invite-only webinars and, while supplies last, we’ll send you a RealAg hat!
- Focus your experience on RealAgriculture.com by managing your shortcuts and commodities
- Favourite articles to save for later reading
- Manage your newsletter subscriptions
- Comment on articles (restricted to members only)
- Did we mention the free RealAg hat?!