Grain prices again found significant gains this past week as the complex continued to price in weather and corresponding production risks, especially in the U.S. Midwest. The weekly performance was augmented by a significant rally on Friday that saw corn prices jump 14 cents/bushel and Chicago wheat climbing 19 cents! With the forecast for the next few days suggesting more rain, speculators are adding more risk premium to the grain markets and it’s unlikely to let up until the rain does. Wheat prices found the biggest gains this week as major American winter wheat production areas – especially Kansas –…
Register to continue reading
Join the RealAg Community
Create a FREE account to access exclusive content, get access to invite-only webinars and, while supplies last, we’ll send you a RealAg Koozy!
- Focus your experience on RealAgriculture.com by managing your shortcuts and commodities
- Favourite articles to save for later reading
- Manage your newsletter subscriptions
- Comment on articles (restricted to members only)
- Did we mention the free RealAg Koozy?!