Five businesses in North America will be given the opportunity to reinvent and reinvigorate the dairy sector. Agropur has launched a new accelerator program for the business side of dairy dubbed Inno Accel.
The program, which launched last month, will bring together a team of two mentors (one entrepreneur and one Agropur executive) to be matched with five different “high-potential start-ups.” The end goal being to help bring the new business ahead.
Twenty coaches with different areas of expertise such as marketing, sales, and R&D, will also be a part of the five teams to provide guidance and help them develop their enterprises in an environment that resembles real-life conditions in the business world and the food industry.
These five businesses include:
- U Main, a Montreal company that develops do-it-yourself artisanal cheesemaking kits
- Sweetaly Dolceria, entrepreneurs who make desserts using simple ingredients and their Italian grandmother’s traditional recipes
- SaltiSweet Ice Cream Factory, a company that replaces the stick in ice cream novelties with a biscuit, eliminating the unpleasant taste and environmental footprint of wood handles/sticks
- Cheese Grotto, a collective that makes cheese storage devices for the home to preserve fine cheeses
- Peak Yogurt, makers of triple-cream, low-sugar yogurt that takes its cue from the ketogenic (or keto) diet
Inno Accel will have the five groups spend four months together to come up with ideas and to “disrupt convention,” with the end goal being to propel not only their growth, but to also grow the dairy industry.
“The global economic environment which are highly competitive, and the global economic context, including the AEUMC (USMCA), require companies to constantly question their ways of doing things. Thus, innovation is a necessity, even a condition for survival for the entire dairy industry.” says Robert Coallier, CEO of Agropur.
If you have an business that could benefit from the program click here to learn how you can apply to be in the next Inno Accel cohort.