I am attending CropWeek 2013 in Saskatoon this week which always involves some great discussions in the sessions and the hallway. I had a grain /seed industry insider ask me a really interesting question today. “Do we really need to re-create the wheel with wheat? Does wheat royalty collection for research really need to be different than the system that exists today?” As we have been covering on RealAgriculture, there are several things happening in wheat that are causing the appearance of chaos. Massive increase in the private funding of wheat breeding by CropLife companies and dissolution of the Canadian Wheat Board…
Register to continue reading
Join the RealAg Community
Create a FREE account to access exclusive content, get access to invite-only webinars and, while supplies last, we’ll send you a RealAg Koozy!
- Focus your experience on RealAgriculture.com by managing your shortcuts and commodities
- Favourite articles to save for later reading
- Manage your newsletter subscriptions
- Comment on articles (restricted to members only)
- Did we mention the free RealAg Koozy?!